Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82470members
350043posts

SMT750 - cannot disable LCD display - manual claims I can. Hmmmm?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
claykin_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

SMT750 - cannot disable LCD display - manual claims I can. Hmmmm?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/2/2011

I just got an SMT750, manufactured in July, 2011. Manual says in the Configuration options I can "LCD Display mode, Always On or Power-Saving". This option does not exist.

APC support claims this is a known issue and that even though the firmware has been revised, this feature still has not been added. I'm told that several customers have called previously asking the same question with the SMT models.

What gives? In looking at the CD included with mine, it was last revised in June 2011. So, they cannot even be bothered with correcting the manual?

Please add this feature. Your consumer UPS models offer it, so why shouldn't the workstation models that cost much more?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: SMT750 - cannot disable LCD display - manual claims I can. Hmmmm?

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/7/2011

For now this is a limitation, but I am hoping that this feature becomes available on future firmware release.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/5/2011

Have you tried updating the firmware on your UPS already? I was told that on some newer units this is already in place, unfortunately I do not have a date range.

claykin_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/5/2011

Support advised I have latest firmware. They also advised this is a known limitation.

Goofy, as it can likely be fixed easily if someone cared to add the feature.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/7/2011

For now this is a limitation, but I am hoping that this feature becomes available on future firmware release.