Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84831members
354286posts

S20 just died?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
samaxsam_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

S20 just died?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/11/2010

Hello there,
I’ve got a problem with S20 that I have on my A/V equipment. This morning it just died -nothing on the display and no power output from the pack panel. I checked the breaker at the back of the unit and it looks just fine. Also, looks like the equipment was running off the batteries for some time last night as some if the equipment was on the verge of dying out when I got there this morning. As far as I can tell there was no power outage in the house.
Does any have an idea what could it be? The unit is about 2.5 years old.

Message was edited by: samaxsam

Accepted Solutions
samaxsam_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: S20 just died?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/15/2010

Nothing at all. Silent and very dead 🙂 I'll have the batteries recharged by tomorrow night.
Thanks for trying to help.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 12/13/2010

Are you able to coldstart the unit?

To coldstart the device:

Turn off the unit, Ensure the battery is properly connected, press and hold down the on button for a few seconds and let go during the long beep.

If you are not getting any response from the coldstart, see if you can get some voltage readings off of the battery.

samaxsam_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/14/2010

Thanks for your reply.
I’m not able to do that as most likely the batteries are dead. I can try to recharge the batteries on an external charger and put them back in the unit to see if it starts. I know that the unit was working with the batteries as when I got to the media room some of the equipment showed some of the signs of getting low power. When I pressed and held the power button nothing happened.
Thanks
Sam

samaxsam_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/15/2010

Nothing at all. Silent and very dead 🙂 I'll have the batteries recharged by tomorrow night.
Thanks for trying to help.