Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82122members
349628posts

Recording mains supply conditions

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
chrisjj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Recording mains supply conditions

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/14/2012

I need a unit that will record mains supply condition in a log so that I can inspect for outage time and duration up to a week past. Ideally this would be stand-alone, rather than require a computer. Ca anyone suggest which APC units to consider? Initial browsing has found no mention of this feature. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
chrisjj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Recording mains supply conditions

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/16/2012

Thanks. Is there a UPS model that itself logs when it goes on battery?

See Answer In Context

10 Replies 10
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 6/14/2012

The power-chute bushiness edition software will log all voltages at a given interval you can set it to however many minutes, your best bet would be a Smart-Ups if you are wanting a ups you just said unit, also you would need a computer for powerchute

chrisjj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/15/2012

Thanks. Is there any unit that will log voltages without requiring a PC?

voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/15/2012

You can buy a [network management card (NMC)|http://www.apc.com/products/family/?id=98] for SmartUPS UPSes. The NMC's event log records when the UPS goes on battery due to power outages and other line problems. It also has a data log that records voltages at a set interval, including the min and max voltage. The minimum interval is 1 minute.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/18/2012

the new SMT or SMX line of single phase Smart UPS has an LCD menu on the front which is also able to keep the last 5 (or 10) transfer reasons in an event log of sorts as far as I know. Then, once you get to the larger UPSs like a Symmetra LX, they also have a PowerView LCD which records the last 64 events.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 6/18/2012

delet comment

Message was edited by: Wwallender

chrisjj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/19/2012

the new SMT or SMX line of single phase Smart UPS has an LCD menu on the front which is also able to keep the last 5 (or 10) transfer reasons in an event log of sorts as far as I know.
Thanks. I've been unable to find such a model in the catalogue. e.g. the APC Smart-UPS 750VA LCD 230V (part number SMT750I) [Operation Manual|http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/SCON-7NBSEM_R3_EN.pdfdocu] shows only a record of Last Transfer, which I take to refer to only one.

chrisjj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/25/2012

Thanks.

I'd investigate whether other vendors have a solution that better fits your needs, since a UPS is intended to be a UPS.
I have investigated, but have found nothing but very expensive mains supply analysers. If anyone can suggest a non-UPS supply monitor and logger, please do.

voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/21/2012

While the SMT or SMX units will show the last several transfer events in the log, it doesn't show their times which you need in order to determine duration. So I think a UPS with an NMC is your best bet for a standalone unit from APC. I'd investigate whether other vendors have a solution that better fits your needs, since a UPS is intended to be a UPS.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/20/2012

i have an SMX1000 at my desk and it shows the last 10. i double checked with someone else and SMT750I will show the last 10 transfer reasons as well. you just need to make sure your LCD is in "advanced" menu mode so that you can access the logs functionality.

chrisjj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/16/2012

Thanks. Is there a UPS model that itself logs when it goes on battery?