Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84595members
353862posts

PowerChute conflict hangs Win7 64 computer at start-up

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
UPC_Timothy_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

PowerChute conflict hangs Win7 64 computer at start-up

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/14/2011

Twice now, I've been unable to boot my Win 7 Pro 64 bit computer ... and a look at the application logs suggests that PowerChute is the culprit.

Symptoms: Win 7 starts to load, then abruptly stops -- and the power suddenly goes out in my broadband router, which is also connected to the UPC. Win 7 then re-loads, and I finally get in.

When I check Event Viewer, I see two messages:

Internal Communication Fault with APC battery backup

PowerChute not communicating with the battery backup

Equipment: APC BR800BLK 800 VA 540 Watts UPS

Software: Personal Edition 2.2

Accepted Solutions
UPC_Timothy_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: PowerChute conflict hangs Win7 64 computer at start-up

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/17/2011

I haven't had the problem with PowerChute 3, but do hope APC makes a priority of fixing the UAC problem noted in my other post. I'm a relatively unsophisticated lay user, but this looks like a pretty serious programming error to me ... and apparently does to others, judging from the other posts on the matter.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
UPC_Timothy_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/14/2011

Please disregard this question. I didn't get a response, decided to try upgrading to PowerChute 3 ... and now have a new problem, to be described in a separate post.

UPC_Timothy_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/17/2011

I haven't had the problem with PowerChute 3, but do hope APC makes a priority of fixing the UAC problem noted in my other post. I'm a relatively unsophisticated lay user, but this looks like a pretty serious programming error to me ... and apparently does to others, judging from the other posts on the matter.