Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82528members
350130posts

No status output in SMT750i

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Major_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

No status output in SMT750i

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/12/2012

Hello,
as UPS "SUA750i" is no longer available, we would like to switch to "*SMT750i*". There is no difference in size, but the RS232 connector is different.
In the old version "SUA750i" has a 9pin D-Sub connector which supports the RS232 signals as well as the status lines " UPS aktiv" and "UPS accu nearly empty".
My question now is: Are these two additional status lines "UPS aktiv" and "UPS accu nearly empty" already part of the RS232 connector ( 10pin RJ45) of "SMT750i.
The provided cable includes only signals for RS232 function.
Can somebody provide me the pinning of this 10pin RJ45 connector of *SMT750i*?
Thank you very much for any information.

Accepted Solutions
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: No status output in SMT750i

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/16/2012

I think Major is asking for a simple-signaling cable for Microlink UPSes. I'm not sure if they exist.

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 12/17/2012

yes i know. this can be provided if escalated via tech support as we cannot post it publically. you also could pursue the 940-0128 cable which is RJ-45 (RJ-50) to DB-9.

Major_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/14/2012

USB or RS232 interface is no problem.
My request is: are the two status lines "UPS avtive" and "accu nearly empty" which are connected to pin 4 and 5 of the 9pin D-Sub connector from APC S*U*A750i
are also available on 10 pin RJ45 connector of APC S*M*T750i? Therefore, I'd like to know the signal assignment of that connector.
Thanks

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 12/13/2012

i answered your other post. what software or interface are you using to read these signals? we offer USB or serial on this UPS and software that provides this same information.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/14/2012

The SMT750i utilizes a different language that the SUA model. It is based from MicroLink Language which means that in order for you to do those things that you previously had on our older UPSs (SUA,SU) you will need to install our AP9620 Legacy Communication Card.

Below is the link to the Compatibility of the Legacy Card
[FA156172|http://infomanager.schneider-electric.com/itb/index?page=content&id=FA156172&actp=search&viewlocale=...]

Major_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/17/2012

Hello Voidstar,

you're absolutely right: The only thing, which I need, is a cable or the pin assignment of the RJ-45 connector.
For better understanding, please notice the appendix.

Attachments
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/16/2012

I think Major is asking for a simple-signaling cable for Microlink UPSes. I'm not sure if they exist.