Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82528members
350133posts

Line Conditioners AND UPS Back-ups

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
apperts_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Line Conditioners AND UPS Back-ups

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/8/2012

My company has a UPS Back-up attached to almost every PC in the office. Over the last 6 months plus, we've been having problems with our power stream from the electrical company. We've experienced many brownouts, but recently we've been seeing power spikes... from 127V-135V, and the spike have been lasting for minutes up to a couple hours. We are concerned about some of our devices (PC, Servers, UPS's...etc) burning up from frequent and long exposure to these power spikes and are looking into getting a couple line conditioners to regulate. My question is...Can you put a line conditioner on a PC or Server with a UPS attached (APC Back-up 550 or 650's)? If so, where would you put it... before the UPS or after?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Line Conditioners AND UPS Back-ups

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/8/2012

i'd put it before that way it will reduce the amount of times a UPS would potentially go to battery or boost/trim when it sees an issue with the input power. and when the Back UPS is online anyway, it pretty much passes the power through if it does not have boost or trim function (depending on model).

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Line Conditioners AND UPS Back-ups

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/8/2012

i'd put it before that way it will reduce the amount of times a UPS would potentially go to battery or boost/trim when it sees an issue with the input power. and when the Back UPS is online anyway, it pretty much passes the power through if it does not have boost or trim function (depending on model).