Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82471members
350043posts

I have some used UPS units to go by container to Nicaragua for some missionaries.

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

I have some used UPS units to go by container to Nicaragua for some missionaries.

This question was originally posted by Leonard on APC forums on 7/20/2013

How should used UPS be configured for shipping and to be usable when they arrive. Shipping in August with missionaries arriving this December?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: I have some used UPS units to go by container to Nicaragua for some missionaries.

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 7/21/2013

Hi Leonard,

It looks like the UPS systems will be in transit/storage for up to four (4) months.  If you shipped the UPS's with the batteries installed and connected (useable when they arrive), they would more than likely be fully discharged or close to it by the time you needed to use them.  I'd recommend shipping the UPS's with known good batteries, fully charged and installed, but disconnected much as APC ships their new systems to customers and vendors.  Granted, they are not fully ready to be used when they are unpacked and installed but all you or the IT person would have to do is connect the battery in each UPS and you're up and running.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Leonard on APC forums on 7/20/2013

How should used UPS be configured for shipping and to be usable when they arrive. Shipping in August with missionaries arriving this December?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: I have some used UPS units to go by container to Nicaragua for some missionaries.

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 7/21/2013

Hi Leonard,

It looks like the UPS systems will be in transit/storage for up to four (4) months.  If you shipped the UPS's with the batteries installed and connected (useable when they arrive), they would more than likely be fully discharged or close to it by the time you needed to use them.  I'd recommend shipping the UPS's with known good batteries, fully charged and installed, but disconnected much as APC ships their new systems to customers and vendors.  Granted, they are not fully ready to be used when they are unpacked and installed but all you or the IT person would have to do is connect the battery in each UPS and you're up and running.