Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84657members
354034posts

I hate alarms... love APS

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Astrocloud_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/11/2012

My area has short power outages known as brown outs. They almost always last no more than 10 minutes. They almost always also happen in the middle of the night.

What would be the correct system to purchase given that:

1) I don't need to wake up in the middle of the night to turn off my computer (ie. I hate alarms)
2) I need at minimum 10 minutes of uninterrupted power for my computer... beyond that -I DON'T CARE.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an APS system?

Accepted Solutions
barryware_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: I hate alarms... love APS

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/12/2012

I do not know about other's but I recently purchased two BX1000G's and two BX1300G's (not all four at once) and you can disable the alarms.

I am unsure if it will start to alarm when the battery reaches exhaustion. It will alarm if over loaded no matter how it is set but when switching to battery, they do not initiate an audible alarm (if set properly).

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Astrocloud_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

My area has short power outages known as brown outs. They almost always last no more than 10 minutes. They almost always also happen in the middle of the night.

What would be the correct system to purchase given that:

1) I don't need to wake up in the middle of the night to turn off my computer (ie. I hate alarms)
2) I need at minimum 10 minutes of uninterrupted power for my computer... beyond that -I DON'T CARE.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an APS system?

Astrocloud_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

In the original post -I meant APC not APS... there has got to be some product that does this.

barryware_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

I do not know about other's but I recently purchased two BX1000G's and two BX1300G's (not all four at once) and you can disable the alarms.

I am unsure if it will start to alarm when the battery reaches exhaustion. It will alarm if over loaded no matter how it is set but when switching to battery, they do not initiate an audible alarm (if set properly).