Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82285members
349828posts

I cant stop the Beep

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
ScottBroker_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

I cant stop the Beep

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/3/2009

I got an old 1500, and it keeps beeping. I do not want to replace the battery, not worth the money, basically using it as a surge protector.... Can someone please tell me how to do it??

scottbroker@comcast.net

Accepted Solutions
Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Re: I cant stop the Beep

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/5/2009

APC Back UPS Battery Backup alarms(4 beeps every 30 seconds) can be disabled through Power Chute software Not Replace Battery warning alarm.

If possible, could you please let me know the exact Model number of the UPS? You can find it on a white bar code sticker at the rear of the unit. Let me know the pattern of the beep(Example: Continuous beep, 4 beeps every 30 seconds. Intermittent etc.,)..What lights are On in the front of the UPS when the unit is beeping?

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/4/2009

Scott,

I presume that the unit is making Replace Battery warning alarm/beep. Unfortunately, the Replacement Battery warning alarm can not be disabled when the unit is On until you replace the battery.

ScottBroker_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/4/2009

I read somewhere it can be muted with powerchute????

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/5/2009

APC Back UPS Battery Backup alarms(4 beeps every 30 seconds) can be disabled through Power Chute software Not Replace Battery warning alarm.

If possible, could you please let me know the exact Model number of the UPS? You can find it on a white bar code sticker at the rear of the unit. Let me know the pattern of the beep(Example: Continuous beep, 4 beeps every 30 seconds. Intermittent etc.,)..What lights are On in the front of the UPS when the unit is beeping?