Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350106posts

How's APC support?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

How's APC support?

This question was originally posted by Michael on APC forums on 4/18/2007

The organization I work for is considering another UPS manufacturer because they heard that APC's support is not very good. Could I get some people (non-APC reps:) to post reviews on their APC support history?
Things I would like to hear about: response time, end of warranty, ease of getting support, etc.

Thanks for all your help.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: How's APC support?

This reply was originally posted by Sean on APC forums on 8/4/2007

Guys,

Lets cut Kvar some slack. I've been reading a lot of his posts and he provides a lot of really good insight into the APC products. Ease up a bit. I was just adding my opinion on the trade ups program.

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
AbsorbsQuickly_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/17/2007

My experience so far has been extremely negative. I have two of the APC 16 port IP KVMs and I just found out that the only way to use the viewer software is to be running an unpatched install of IE6. I've had a support ticket open about getting it working in IE7 or any other browser. Despite promising me a solution I'm on day 4 of no solution and nothing but form letters back. $7,000 work of remote management gear is useless to me.

dirtfoot_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/17/2007

AbsorbsQuickly,
I know this is a bit off topic for this thread, and you may not have been looking for help with this issue in this forum, but I wanted to let you know that I have sucessfully used an IP KVM with a fully patched IE6 and IE7 on Windows XP. It sounds like there may be some sort of ActiveX thing going on. Perhaps security settings within IE?

Message was edited by: dirtfoot

AbsorbsQuickly_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/21/2007

I actually just got it working, the issue with a patched IE6 or IE7 is that the activeX control causes the page to refresh and logs you out. I found the workaround of loading only the frame that tries to install the activeX control.
Now I still have an unresolved issue in that it will fail to connect to any server not running VGA or higher resolution, and as my datacenter contains mostly linux machines with no X install I'm still having tons of problems and not too much help from support.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

How's APC support?

This reply was originally posted by Michael on APC forums on 4/18/2007

The organization I work for is considering another UPS manufacturer because they heard that APC's support is not very good. Could I get some people (non-APC reps:) to post reviews on their APC support history?
Things I would like to hear about: response time, end of warranty, ease of getting support, etc.

Thanks for all your help.

NetMax_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/3/2007

Haha, he must be.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Sean on APC forums on 8/4/2007

Guys,

Lets cut Kvar some slack. I've been reading a lot of his posts and he provides a lot of really good insight into the APC products. Ease up a bit. I was just adding my opinion on the trade ups program.