Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84660members
354046posts

Half of my battery back up works???

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Sandee_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Half of my battery back up works???

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/6/2009

Only the surge protection end of my battery back up is working. The end that says battery backup + surge protection does not function. Do I need to replace the battery or the whole unit? Can anyone help? Thanks!

These are the numbers on the botton:
BE325R
4BO532P51966

Accepted Solutions
Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Re: Half of my battery back up works???

The clear button is used to Power on/off the unit. The UPS should respond when you press the Power on button.
The Circuit breaker is located near the UPS input power cord.

This unit will emit the Replacement Battery warning alarm and visual indication if the battery needs replacement. However, it is not powering on which leads to believe that there is an internal fault in the unit not the battery.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Sandee,

Is the UPS powering on? Do you see a green light on the unit? Could you please try resetting the UPS circuit breaker and check if that works out?

Sandee_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

I'm not sure what to reset...I don't see a green light either. There is a clear button on top, but it doesn't do anything when pressed.

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

The clear button is used to Power on/off the unit. The UPS should respond when you press the Power on button.
The Circuit breaker is located near the UPS input power cord.

This unit will emit the Replacement Battery warning alarm and visual indication if the battery needs replacement. However, it is not powering on which leads to believe that there is an internal fault in the unit not the battery.