Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84447members
353651posts

Connect Offline UPS

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
razvoj_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Connect Offline UPS

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/19/2013

I have an APC ups and i want it to connect in offline mode and my question is can i connect it like

in the picture?

The N and PE from the AC input and load are on the same "line".

1618_UPS.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Connect Offline UPS

I do not believe you cannot safely do this. By effectively shorting the neutral around the UPS you will defeat a safety cutout relay within the UPS's internals (that exists in most models), not to mention you are also shorting / defeating several filtering components on the UPS input surge/emi/rfi protection that are in series on the neutral.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
razvoj_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Connect Offline UPS

I have an APC ups and i want it to connect in offline mode and my question is can i connect it like

in the picture?

The N and PE from the AC input and load are on the same "line".

1618_UPS.jpg

Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Connect Offline UPS

I do not believe you cannot safely do this. By effectively shorting the neutral around the UPS you will defeat a safety cutout relay within the UPS's internals (that exists in most models), not to mention you are also shorting / defeating several filtering components on the UPS input surge/emi/rfi protection that are in series on the neutral.