Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84579members
353849posts

CORSAIR 650W with UPS Pro 1500 APC battery backup

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
jbaccrington_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

CORSAIR 650W with UPS Pro 1500 APC battery backup

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/26/2013

Hi

Just came back and turned my PC on, after about 5 to 10mins the PC Power Supply started buzzing and windows7 froze, couldn't move my mouse cursor. Had to turn the power off on the UPS using the power off switch.

I had posted before about my Pro 1500 APC battery backup causing my CORSAIR 650W to buzz during battery backup.

What options do I have?

Return the UPS?

thxs

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: CORSAIR 650W with UPS Pro 1500 APC battery backup

This reply was originally posted by Llewellyn on APC forums on 11/27/2013

Hi Johnathan,

One possible problem might be that the UPS outputs a square wave when running on battery operation. Have a look at this post:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/352692-28-will-corsair-work-sinwave-square-wave#.

If the UPS is a Back UPS Pro or any kind of Back UPS it produces a square wave output. You can try and get you hands on a Smart UPS which is more expensive than the Back UPS but it produces a pure sin wave output when running on battery power. A smart UPS will also be a more efficient UPS.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: CORSAIR 650W with UPS Pro 1500 APC battery backup

This reply was originally posted by Llewellyn on APC forums on 11/27/2013

Hi Johnathan,

One possible problem might be that the UPS outputs a square wave when running on battery operation. Have a look at this post:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/352692-28-will-corsair-work-sinwave-square-wave#.

If the UPS is a Back UPS Pro or any kind of Back UPS it produces a square wave output. You can try and get you hands on a Smart UPS which is more expensive than the Back UPS but it produces a pure sin wave output when running on battery power. A smart UPS will also be a more efficient UPS.