Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82694members
350417posts

Brand new Back UPS Pro 900 - battery icon flashing

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
legrandfilou_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Brand new Back UPS Pro 900 - battery icon flashing

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/23/2013

Hi,

received the above unit today from amazon, installed the battery pack and plugged it in. It's been plugged in for 5h, but all I see is the battery icon flashing. Does this mean the battery is not detected? Should I be worried the battery is broken?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Brand new Back UPS Pro 900 - battery icon flashing

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/23/2013

Yes, it means the battery is disconnected or not detected. This is fairly normal after a unit has been sitting in a warehouse for a while not being charged. I'd give it 24-48 hours to charge and if it still persists, let me know.

If it does, what I usually do is plug in something non critical to the battery back up outlets and pull the plug from the wall to see if it actually transfers to battery and outputs power.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Brand new Back UPS Pro 900 - battery icon flashing

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/23/2013

Yes, it means the battery is disconnected or not detected. This is fairly normal after a unit has been sitting in a warehouse for a while not being charged. I'd give it 24-48 hours to charge and if it still persists, let me know.

If it does, what I usually do is plug in something non critical to the battery back up outlets and pull the plug from the wall to see if it actually transfers to battery and outputs power.