Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82692members
350417posts

Battery Backup and Surge Protection section not working

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
heister_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Battery Backup and Surge Protection section not working

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/7/2011

I plugged in a space heater on this section and after a couple of days, I received a buzzing noise and nothing that I plug in now works. The other side, which is just a surge protector still works. I tried unplugging the unit and replugging in, hoping that it would reset, but did not. Any ideas? Did I fry the other side? The power light nor the battery low light is coming on.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Battery Backup and Surge Protection section not working

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/7/2011

it may have gotten overloaded because BE350 cannot handle a very big load and a space heater i am sure would overload the UPS unfortunately. you could try plugging it on the surge side only but have no battery back up for it.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
heister_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/7/2011

My model is Back UPS ES 350 and the LED light is not on now and it seemed when I shut it off and turned back on, the buzzing stopped.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

which model UPS do you have? this should be on a white sticker on the back or bottom of the UPS.

unless properly sized, i feel as though a space heater falls into the same category as a laser printer. [recommendations for connecting a laser printer to a UPS|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23].

what are the specs on the laser printer? was this buzzing noise from the UPS? were any LEDs on the UPS when the buzzing was occurring?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

it may have gotten overloaded because BE350 cannot handle a very big load and a space heater i am sure would overload the UPS unfortunately. you could try plugging it on the surge side only but have no battery back up for it.