Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84581members
353849posts

Back UPS ES 550: Frequent Clicking

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
carbo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back UPS ES 550: Frequent Clicking

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/25/2013

I have the above model, to the best of my recollection it was purchased about two years ago.  About a month ago it started clicking occasionally.  It is doing so now with greater frequency.  No lights are flashing.  Power isn't cutting out.

Where do I start to figure out the problem?  Thank you.

Tags (5)

Accepted Solutions
carbo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Back UPS ES 550: Frequent Clicking

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/26/2013

Thank you.  I'll give that a try and see if it helps.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Secret on APC forums on 4/26/2013

Clicking can often be attributed to Total Harmonic Distortion which is basically noise on the electrical circuit or could also be small dips in the utility power. Have you recently added any new equipment to the electrical circuit, i.e. Printer, Space Heater ..? Has their recently been any construction in your area?

carbo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thank you for the reply.  There has been no additional equipment added on this line or on the UPS, nor has there been any construction nearby.

When the clicking first started I assumed it was the unit just doing its usual self testing.  But as the clicking frequency increased it became obvious that it is something else.  I also figured that we were having a system wide, one second power outage as can often happen here with Florida Power and Light.  But yesterday when the unit was clicking on and off over a period of 5 minutes or so, there was no power outage of any kind and no indication that any other appliances, clocks, etc. were afffected.  So my less-than-knowledgeable experience, I'm assuming the UPS unit is trying to tell me something.  But not being a UPS Whisperer, I'm turning to the folks who know more than me.  tongue-out

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Secret on APC forums on 4/26/2013

Please reference the following item for adjustment of your BE550G. By altering the unit to it's lowest setting, you should find the unit to be more accepting to the incoming power.

1121_BE550G - Adjustment.bmp

carbo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thank you.  I'll give that a try and see if it helps.