Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84599members
353867posts

Back-UPS EA 550G not detecting that it's plugged to a working wall outlet ?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
aurelieng_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back-UPS EA 550G not detecting that it's plugged to a working wall outlet ?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/2/2010

Hi all,

I bought a Back-UPS EA 550G two weeks ago (Model: BE550G-FR, S/N 3B1026X10557). It started beeping last night (4 beeps every 30 seconds). I shut it down to be able to sleep. Now, when I press the power button, the green light comes up, and the UPS keeps beeping 4 times every 30-35 seconds, indicating the the battery is discharging, no matter if it is connected to a wall outlet or not.

I tested several wall outlets, which are working perfectly with other devices, with no luck. Interestingly, when plugged to a wall outlet, there is power in the "surge protection only" outlets on the UPS - whether it is turned on or off. The UPS seems to be unable to detect that it can charge the battery, while it perfectly delivers power to its "surge protection only" outlets. That's a weird behavior. Do you have any idea before I send back the device ?

Cheers,

Aurélien.

Message was edited by: aurelieng, to add model and S/N.

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
aurelieng_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS EA 550G not detecting that it's plugged to a working wall outlet ?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/22/2010

Thanks for your replies. In fact, the UPS was sent back to APC, and I received a new one, which is working well since then.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by garrett on APC forums on 12/21/2010

send it in for repair mark down your s/n # and stuff it sounds like the chrageing block inside the unit isnt working aka transformer in the unit might be shot or faulty.or a fuse. also there should be a breaker reset on the back of the unit try that first.
hope this helps

aurelieng_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/22/2010

Thanks for your replies. In fact, the UPS was sent back to APC, and I received a new one, which is working well since then.