Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82122members
349628posts

Back-UPS 500 ES has a flashing red light and is making a continuous beep

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
petra7071_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Back-UPS 500 ES has a flashing red light and is making a continuous beep

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/12/2013

I have a Back-UPS 500 ES that has a flashing red light and is making a continuous beep until it shuts off.  What does this indicate?  Is it the battery or the unit itself?

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS 500 ES has a flashing red light and is making a continuous beep

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/12/2013

Can you confirm the exact model SKU from the white sticker on the bottom of the UPS - something like BE500U? I ask because we've had many models of Back-UPS 500 ES over the years and I want to make sure we give you the right information. I am thinking if it is BE500U or BE500R, then the answer is listed here: http://sturgeon.apcc.com/techref.nsf/partnum/990-1988/$FILE/990-1988_EN.pdf

Is it the power LED or replace battery LED - are you able to tell?

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS 500 ES has a flashing red light and is making a continuous beep

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/12/2013

Can you confirm the exact model SKU from the white sticker on the bottom of the UPS - something like BE500U? I ask because we've had many models of Back-UPS 500 ES over the years and I want to make sure we give you the right information. I am thinking if it is BE500U or BE500R, then the answer is listed here: http://sturgeon.apcc.com/techref.nsf/partnum/990-1988/$FILE/990-1988_EN.pdf

Is it the power LED or replace battery LED - are you able to tell?