Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82543members
350152posts

BX1300LCD battery icon flashing

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
tomtong_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

BX1300LCD battery icon flashing

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/7/2012

I have this UPS with me for 1 year and it recently turn off itself for a few times. Last night, it suddenly chirps and I have to mute its speaker. After reading the forum, it seems the UPS connection with the battery is lost. I try reseat the battery and plug/unplug the connectors but no luck. I also check the battery with multimeter and the voltage is about 13.3V on each of them. Any suggestion?

Message was edited by: tomtong about voltage

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BX1300LCD battery icon flashing

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/11/2012

ok, so depending on usage there could be an issue with the battery. i'd follow Chrisri30's suggestion and see if tech support will send you a replacement battery or if they feel it is a problem with the unit itself.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
tomtong_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/10/2012

I checked the warranty expires on Jan 2013 and the first 4 digits is 1003.
Thanks.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 9/10/2012

If the UPS shows a disconnected battery, and you disconnect/reconnect the battery and it still doesn't help, it may be the unit or the battery. I would contact tech support and they will likely replace the battery.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/10/2012

how old is the UPS? i know you said you've had it for a year but let me know the first few digits of the serial number off of the UPS if possible. it is located on a white sticker on the back of the UPS - something like 3B0405XXXXX

thanks.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/11/2012

ok, so depending on usage there could be an issue with the battery. i'd follow Chrisri30's suggestion and see if tech support will send you a replacement battery or if they feel it is a problem with the unit itself.