Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82471members
350043posts

BR1500G battery icon on UPS is flashing with an X through it?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Mike71_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

BR1500G battery icon on UPS is flashing with an X through it?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/31/2013

Can anyone tell me what this means? I just got this UPS yesterday and the minute I hooked it up that happened and it stays on all the time and sometimes a bunch of beeps will come on too. So far I have just silenced them with the mute button on the UPS but I'm wondering if this means I got a bad battery to begin with or something? Like I said its brand new and I just plugged it in yesterday. I couldn't find any info in the documentation that came with the UPS regarding this issue. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BR1500G battery icon on UPS is flashing with an X through it?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/1/2013

yeah, that serial number indicates it is really new - manufactured in the 45th week of 2012. it is likely it just needed to charge up from sitting as we suspected.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/31/2013

this indicates the UPS thinks the battery is disconnected. when the LED is solid, it indicates the UPS failed its self test.

i would suggest you leave it plugged in (as I am sure it probably is now) for a few days and see what happens. if the unit was sitting on the shelf for some time, it just may need to charge. the UPS may think its disconnected/not there if the voltage is too low.

can you also tell us the first few digits of the serial number? i think it is on the back of the UPS where you found BR1500G model number. something like 5B1213XXXXX?

Mike71_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/31/2013

Thanks, leaving it plugged in for awhile helped and it seems to have gone away now. I was just worried that the battery was defective and would need to be replaced or something but maybe it was just really dead from sitting for awhile. Anyways the Serial is 3B1245X136xx if that tells you anything. Thanks again for the help.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/1/2013

yeah, that serial number indicates it is really new - manufactured in the 45th week of 2012. it is likely it just needed to charge up from sitting as we suspected.