Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82546members
350156posts

BR1300 G Pro One side power outlet connectors no output volts

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This question was originally posted by Clarence on APC forums on 11/25/2011

Hello: Due to APC tech support being off for an extended Thanksgiving holiday, I thought I'd come here for advise/help.

A new BR1300G Pro arrived today. I connected it per instructions, but discovered that power is supplied on Only one side of the backside where the outputs connectors are. There are two entries in the troubleshooting page 7 that apply. However, applying both failed to make any difference. The unit shows no error messages. So I don't know what to do. Long weekend seems a great waste of time to resolve this.

This issue seems to be not related to the Power-Saving Master and Controlled outlets since there are two connector outlets that are not working on the same side that are not Power-Saving connectors.

This is a big disappointment to me. I have owned serveral smaller APC Back-ups and had not problems with them. I suppose it's my turn to experience Backups Grief.

I tried the Brain Dead Test already, but everything came back the same.

Anyway, if any of you know of some troubleshooting techniques that might help, please let me know. I hope APC will replace this unit if, in fact, it cannot be made to put out volts from each and every output connector.

Happy Holidays.
C.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BR1300 G Pro One side power outlet connectors no output volts

This reply was originally posted by Clarence on APC forums on 11/28/2011

Hello everyone:

I am happy to report that APC worked with me to determin that the unit was not fully operational and is shipping a new one at this moment.

I would like to publically thank the tech support at APC for running through all of the measures to determin the operational status and the very fine solution.

Though it was disappointing to receive a defective unit, it is reassuring that the company - APC - has its customers in mind and corrects things satisfactorily.

Thanks APC
C.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Clarence on APC forums on 11/25/2011

Hello: Due to APC tech support being off for an extended Thanksgiving holiday, I thought I'd come here for advise/help.

A new BR1300G Pro arrived today. I connected it per instructions, but discovered that power is supplied on Only one side of the backside where the outputs connectors are. There are two entries in the troubleshooting page 7 that apply. However, applying both failed to make any difference. The unit shows no error messages. So I don't know what to do. Long weekend seems a great waste of time to resolve this.

This issue seems to be not related to the Power-Saving Master and Controlled outlets since there are two connector outlets that are not working on the same side that are not Power-Saving connectors.

This is a big disappointment to me. I have owned serveral smaller APC Back-ups and had not problems with them. I suppose it's my turn to experience Backups Grief.

I tried the Brain Dead Test already, but everything came back the same.

Anyway, if any of you know of some troubleshooting techniques that might help, please let me know. I hope APC will replace this unit if, in fact, it cannot be made to put out volts from each and every output connector.

Happy Holidays.
C.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Clarence on APC forums on 11/26/2011

Thank you for your inquiry, Wwallender. No, there is no leaf indicated. I believe that no leaf shown means the power savings for other plugged ins is off.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Clarence on APC forums on 11/28/2011

Hello everyone:

I am happy to report that APC worked with me to determin that the unit was not fully operational and is shipping a new one at this moment.

I would like to publically thank the tech support at APC for running through all of the measures to determin the operational status and the very fine solution.

Though it was disappointing to receive a defective unit, it is reassuring that the company - APC - has its customers in mind and corrects things satisfactorily.

Thanks APC
C.