Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84505members
353721posts

BE750G-CN: does it have a cooling fan? and BX900R-CN cooling fan question..

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
daaan_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

BE750G-CN: does it have a cooling fan? and BX900R-CN cooling fan question..

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/1/2009

hello, i'm going to be using a UPS in my bedroom and i don't want to hear fan noise while i sleep.

does the BE750G-CN have a fan?

[http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE750G-CN]

also, i know the BX900R-CN does have a fan; does it always stay on? or only when the unit is on battery power?

[http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BX900R-CN]

Message was edited by: daaan

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BE750G-CN: does it have a cooling fan? and BX900R-CN cooling fan questi

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/1/2009

hi

the BE750G-CN does not have a fan.

i believe the fan is always on with the BX900R to be honest. with some of the other models and older ones, it would come on when the UPS was on battery, had a load >75%, was charging the battery, or the internal temperature got above a certain limit.

a lot of models have changed to having a fan with two speeds - a low speed that is always on, and a high speed when one or more of the four conditions above was true.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/1/2009

hi

the BE750G-CN does not have a fan.

i believe the fan is always on with the BX900R to be honest. with some of the other models and older ones, it would come on when the UPS was on battery, had a load >75%, was charging the battery, or the internal temperature got above a certain limit.

a lot of models have changed to having a fan with two speeds - a low speed that is always on, and a high speed when one or more of the four conditions above was true.

daaan_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/1/2009

thanks for the reply.

why do the specifications for the BE750G-CN say: "Audible noise at 1 meter from surface of unit = 45.00 dBA" just like the model BX900R-CN?

also, in which way does the BE750G-CN connect to the PC? my old APC UPS connected via USB. does this unit also come with monitoring software, etc?

p.s, i am corrently using a BE500U, is it possible to do the APC trade up and get a discount if i purchase a new UPS from a retail store?

Message was edited by: daaan

rtryssenaar_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/2/2009

There is a slight noise that these units make - most likely from the electronic equipment that is providing clean power. It isn't any louder than the "hum" some TV's and receivers make when off/standby.

The BE750G-CN connects with a special USB to RJ-45 cable. (The USB end plugs into your computer and the RJ-45 goes into the UPS.)

Not sure about the trade up, I've done a few for my company through a reseller (like CDW, etc.) but I would think it would depend on the retail store.