Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82529members
350133posts

APC BE700G Back-Ups and iMac problems

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

bean1010_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

APC BE700G Back-Ups and iMac problems

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/25/2012

Hello.

I bought new BE700G model with 8 outlets today. One outlet is Master and then there are three which are "Controlled by Master".

I am using 27 inch iMac which is connected to Master outlet.

When I shutdown iMac the UPS works as it should, after iMac shutdown the Controller outlets are powered down, this works fine.

BUT, when I put iMac to Sleep, the Controller outlets stay powered up, and there is my problem.

What I have done so far.

1. As the manual tells:
Setting the threshold
The amount of power used by a device in Sleep or Standby mode varies between devices. It may be necessary to adjust the threshold at which the Master outlet signals the Controlled outlets to shut down. When the threshold is set, the power-saving outlets are enabled.
Ensure a master device is connected to the Master outlet. Put that device into Sleep or Standby mode, or turn it OFF.
Press and hold the Master Enable button for six seconds. After the first 2 seconds the unit will beep, continue holding the button down until the unit three beeps times in a row. Release the Master Enable button.
The Back-UPS unit will now recognize the threshold level of the Master device and save it as the new threshold setting.

2. I installed the Powerchute to Windows laptop and tried different currency tresholds, but the problem is still here.

Maybe you could help me.