Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84865members
354353posts

Should I worry about output Ambere rating on Voltage Stabilizer

Machine Automation Forum

A forum addressing machine automation solutions for the complete machine lifecycle. Including offers like Machine Advisor, Modicon PLC/PacDrive, Lexium or Preventa. Discuss and share knowledge on offers relating to cloud-based service platforms, machine localization and monitoring, industrial operations control, motion products as well as safety function!

MikyE
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Should I worry about output Ambere rating on Voltage Stabilizer

Electricity supply in my home town in so bad that it fluctuate every 30 second going down by 50 to 70 volts from standard 230V and comes back to the standard voltage at the same second. I'm using an APC UPS and it clicks all day(AVR) and it is quite annoying. I'm looking for a voltage stabilizer to use with my UPS which require 200 to 240V at 6A. But the stabilizer I found outputs 200-240 V at only 2.5 A. Is this going to be an issue? is it going to hurt my UPS and my PC. If not why?

Omegle

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
W_swift
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: Should I worry about output Ambere rating on Voltage Stabilizer

The stabilizers get this done by using an electronic circuitry, which changes the required taps of an inbuilt auto transformer with the help of high quality electromagnetic relays to generate the desirable voltage. If the Voltage to be supplied is not within the range, a mechanism switches the required transformer tap, thereby bringing the Voltage supply within a safe range.

Thus the stabilizer acts as a safe guard between your equipment and utility, by continuously monitoring and stabilizing the voltage fluctuations that appear in the utility. It ensures that your valuable appliance receives a consistent stabilized range of voltage as its input for a trouble free operation and long operational life.

• You should also consider the surge current which flows when you switch on the device.
  • In case the Voltage Stabilizer has a rating in watts also, assume a power factor of 0.8 (W=V*A*pf).

The most important thing is to know the nature of the load connected to the stabilizer. First you must note down the power (or Watts) for all the appliances that will be connected to a stabilizer. The sum total of the power consumption (or Watts) will give you the load on the stabilizer in watts. But most stabilizer sizes are in VA (Volt Ampere) or kVA (kilo Volt Ampere which is equal to 1000 Volt Ampere). Although to get the actual VA (or Volt Ampere) from Watts (W) you will have to do some measurements, but to give a rough approximation, you can increase the Watts value by 20% to get the approximate VA size that you may need.

shaglechatspin

Thanks

Tags (1)