Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84618members
353931posts

ProfiNet in PacDrive 3

Machine Automation Forum

A forum addressing machine automation solutions for the complete machine lifecycle. Including offers like Machine Advisor, Modicon PLC/PacDrive, Lexium or Preventa. Discuss and share knowledge on offers relating to cloud-based service platforms, machine localization and monitoring, industrial operations control, motion products as well as safety function!

Solved
PierpaoloA
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

ProfiNet in PacDrive 3

Hi everyone,

for a customer's project I would need to know how is the ProfiNet device description file (GSDML) integrated into the PacDrive 3 motion controller.

Could anyone please support me?

Thanks a lot,

Pierpaolo

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ralf
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Re: ProfiNet in PacDrive 3

Hi Pierpaolo,

you may refer to the information already discussed in this topic: Profinet-Siemens-to-Schneider 

In addition I can provide you the following general information...

PacDrive3 controllers from version SoMachine Motion 4.4.x can be configured as Profinet IO controller (master) or Profinet IO device (slave).
I.e. In the programming software SoMachine Motion (SoMM) the GSDML file of the Siemens control has to be integrated and vice versa.
The motion controller is not shown in the Siemens software; only the interface is configured.
Please see the descriptions attached to this post for more details on the configuration:

Profinet IO_Siemens CPU Device PacDrive LMC.pdf

Profinet IO_PacDrive LMC_Device Siemens CPU.pdf

Note: If SoMachine Motion has been installed on your PC, you will find the fieldbus device description in the following folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\SoMachine Software\V4.41 Motion\Documents\FieldbusDescriptionFiles

Best regards

Ralf

See Answer In Context

Attachments
Tags (2)
1 Reply 1
Ralf
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Re: ProfiNet in PacDrive 3

Hi Pierpaolo,

you may refer to the information already discussed in this topic: Profinet-Siemens-to-Schneider 

In addition I can provide you the following general information...

PacDrive3 controllers from version SoMachine Motion 4.4.x can be configured as Profinet IO controller (master) or Profinet IO device (slave).
I.e. In the programming software SoMachine Motion (SoMM) the GSDML file of the Siemens control has to be integrated and vice versa.
The motion controller is not shown in the Siemens software; only the interface is configured.
Please see the descriptions attached to this post for more details on the configuration:

Profinet IO_Siemens CPU Device PacDrive LMC.pdf

Profinet IO_PacDrive LMC_Device Siemens CPU.pdf

Note: If SoMachine Motion has been installed on your PC, you will find the fieldbus device description in the following folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\SoMachine Software\V4.41 Motion\Documents\FieldbusDescriptionFiles

Best regards

Ralf

Attachments
Tags (2)