Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82566members
350187posts

M221 modbus serial ioscanner

Industry Automation and Control Forum

This forum is addressing industrial automation design & engineering, operations, asset performance, cyber security and digital transformation for Plants & Machines.

Solved
Mkit
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

M221 modbus serial ioscanner

Hello
I turn to you because I am going in circles.
I would like to retrieve counter information by ioscanner mode on port SL1.
but no frames start from m221. the led remains off.

i have tested with basic expert machine example program, but it does not work.

An idea ?

Accepted Solutions
LeTomas
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: M221 modbus serial ioscanner

Excellent @Mkit  that is working!

In order to check if you have a problem with a device on IOScanner you need to check the System objects IOScanner status.

Depend on the IOscanner selected it start with:

• %IWNS(100+x) for SL1, or
  • %IWNS(200+x) for SL2,
  • %IWNS(300+x) for ETH1

In your case your device over modbus serial will be %IWNS10x.

The value of that variable will give you the status:

• 0: Device not scanned
  • 1:Device is being initialized by Modbus IOScanner (Initialization request of device being sent).
  • 2:Device is present and ready to be scanned (initialization requests sent, if any).
  • 3:Device not scanned correctly due to a communication error detected on a channel of the device.
  • 4:Device not initialized correctly due to a communication error detected during initialization request of the device.
  • 5:Device not correctly identified because the vendor name or product code returned by the device does not match the expected values.
  • 6:Communication error occurred during identification and initialization. Possible reasons are: incommunicative or absent device, incorrect communication parameters, or unsupported Modbus function.

In the next example I am using the ethernet that's why it start with %IWNS30x but it is the same, you just need to check the status:

ESME Basic - SL status.PNG

In this example the first device on the IOscanner is disconnected from the network so the status is 6. The second device is connected to the M241 and it is working fine, the status is 2.

If this solves the problem remember to mark this coments as part of the solution for this 😊.

Best regards,

LeTomas

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
LeTomas
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hi @Mkit 

For my comment I am going to assume that:

• The commnuication setting on the master and slave matchs. (you can delete the post configuration files of the M221 via SD Card just in case)
  • The slave address is the same on the IOscanner table on the M221.
  • The communication cable is correct (pins 4,5,8 only use on the communication).

You should check the status of the IOScanner Serial Line (1) . I recommend you to create an Animation table:

ESME Basic - SL.PNG

Check the %SW210:

• 0: IOScanner is stopped
  • 1: Initialization request to device being sent by IOScanner
  • 2: IOScanner is operational
  • 3: IOScanner is partially operational (some devices are not being scanned)
  • 4: IOScanner is suspended

If the %SW210 is not equal to "2" you can set to 1 the %S110 to reset the IOScanner.

Best regards,

LeTomas

Tags (1)
Mkit
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

hi @LeTomas 

I tested and it was successful.

your indications guided my diagnosis.

the next problem is the management of communication faults.
my bench is composed of a single device. but in a month, I would have all the counters. then for anticipated.

1 / how do I manage faults, device by device ?

2 / what is the device's communication fault bit ?

Thank

Tags (1)
LeTomas
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Excellent @Mkit  that is working!

In order to check if you have a problem with a device on IOScanner you need to check the System objects IOScanner status.

Depend on the IOscanner selected it start with:

• %IWNS(100+x) for SL1, or
  • %IWNS(200+x) for SL2,
  • %IWNS(300+x) for ETH1

In your case your device over modbus serial will be %IWNS10x.

The value of that variable will give you the status:

• 0: Device not scanned
  • 1:Device is being initialized by Modbus IOScanner (Initialization request of device being sent).
  • 2:Device is present and ready to be scanned (initialization requests sent, if any).
  • 3:Device not scanned correctly due to a communication error detected on a channel of the device.
  • 4:Device not initialized correctly due to a communication error detected during initialization request of the device.
  • 5:Device not correctly identified because the vendor name or product code returned by the device does not match the expected values.
  • 6:Communication error occurred during identification and initialization. Possible reasons are: incommunicative or absent device, incorrect communication parameters, or unsupported Modbus function.

In the next example I am using the ethernet that's why it start with %IWNS30x but it is the same, you just need to check the status:

ESME Basic - SL status.PNG

In this example the first device on the IOscanner is disconnected from the network so the status is 6. The second device is connected to the M241 and it is working fine, the status is 2.

If this solves the problem remember to mark this coments as part of the solution for this 😊.

Best regards,

LeTomas

Tags (1)