Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82785members
350608posts

Control Expert Derived data types to Vijeo Designer

Industry Automation and Control Forum

This forum is addressing industrial automation design & engineering, operations, asset performance, cyber security and digital transformation for Plants & Machines.

agileshsiva87
Cadet
0 Likes

Control Expert Derived data types to Vijeo Designer

I am using Control Expert and Vijeo Designer and how to import the derived data types created in Control Expert to Vijeo Designer as Used data type

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
AlastairF
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Re: Control Expert Derived data types to Vijeo Designer

The latest version of Vijeo Designer (V6.2 SP11) supports all variable types in Control Expert applications.

Your best approach is to use the Link Variables option and link to your Control Expert application. stu, xvm file types are supported. You would need to export your CE variables in xvm format to use that.

Refer to the VJD Help file Section 6.3.4

Tags (1)
agileshsiva87
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: Control Expert Derived data types to Vijeo Designer

I have user Derived variables in Control Expert and I have similar user defined Variables in Vijeo Designer and is there any possibilities of moving the User Derived variables from Control Expert to User defined variables in Vijeo Designer other than linking variables. I tried exporting the User derived variables from Control Expert its format is .xdd but when I tried to import the file is Vijeo Designer it accepts .VJDDataTypes files only. Even I tried to recreate same as I have attached below I am facing a issue like I cannot insert a structure inside a structure in User Defined Variables in Vijeo Designer. May I know is there any option to do this process. 

Attachments
Tags (1)
AlastairF
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

I think the only way tRe: Control Expert Derived data types to Vijeo Designer

You should be able to do this is by manually creating identical structures in Control Expert and VJD and using located addressing to get the data.When you assign the address in Control Expert, check that the structure elements pick up on the same addresses in VJD. M580 PLC's use double word addressing and VJD will assume consecutive addressing unless you override where necessary.

I think that unless you link variables you can't use the Data Dictionary function.

Tags (1)