Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84599members
353865posts

Struxureware Firmware updates

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
mkuhn22
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Struxureware Firmware updates

How long does it generally take Struxureware to see newly available firmware?  I have a number of 9630/31 and 40/41 devices, running firmwares 7.0.4 and 2.2.0.1 respectively.  I see that there are updated firmwares for both (7.0.8 and 2.2.1.1), but when I tell Struxureware to check for updates nothing comes up.  

Typically how long is it from firmware release until Struxureware's updater tool will see them?  It'd be really great to not manually update 140 devices!

Thanks in advance!

Small Edit: Forgot to mention originally that I'm running DCE 7.9.1.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
APC_Steve
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: Struxureware Firmware updates

Hi @mkuhn22 ,

The individual downloads you are able to obtain from the web site aren't pulled into DCE automatically. The firmware for a UPS for instance is tested by that group and when ready, it is made available on the web. At that point, it is also given to the DCE folks to test and in turn integrate into the downloadable firmware catalog as well as the DCE UI update catalog. The latter is usually available first. 

That being said, it can take weeks between the release of the individual firmware files and their inclusion into either of the DCE update or downloadable catalogs. Sorry but there is no set time between the releases nor do we have an ETA on the release of the next catalog. 

Thanks,

Steve

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
APC_Steve
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi @mkuhn22 ,

Just an FYI, I spoke with product management and he spoke to the team responsible and we may have a new catalog created by next week (I promise nothing 😉  ). It may still take a little time to get it available on the web but at least it shows progress.

Thanks,
Steve

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
mkuhn22
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

I did also want to note that I did import the latest firmware catalog file as well.  This didn't seem to make any difference which is not really surprising given it looks as though it's not been updated since March.  

Tags (1)
mkuhn22
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Edited as the comment this post responded to has been removed.

Tags (1)
APC_Steve
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi @mkuhn22 ,

The individual downloads you are able to obtain from the web site aren't pulled into DCE automatically. The firmware for a UPS for instance is tested by that group and when ready, it is made available on the web. At that point, it is also given to the DCE folks to test and in turn integrate into the downloadable firmware catalog as well as the DCE UI update catalog. The latter is usually available first. 

That being said, it can take weeks between the release of the individual firmware files and their inclusion into either of the DCE update or downloadable catalogs. Sorry but there is no set time between the releases nor do we have an ETA on the release of the next catalog. 

Thanks,

Steve

Tags (1)
APC_Steve
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi @mkuhn22 ,

Just an FYI, I spoke with product management and he spoke to the team responsible and we may have a new catalog created by next week (I promise nothing 😉  ). It may still take a little time to get it available on the web but at least it shows progress.

Thanks,
Steve

Tags (1)
mkuhn22
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Thank You @APC_Steve .  That's all the info I was looking for.  In the meantime I'm about halfway done with manual upgrades, so I'll keep on plugging away.  I'll keep all this in mind for next time though.

Thanks again!

Tags (1)