Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82146members
349685posts

SNMP outlet control issue / Bulk reboot?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

marting
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

SNMP outlet control issue / Bulk reboot?

We upgraded DCE to version 7.8.1 about 2 months ago.  Ever since then, we've been noticing issues with SNMP outlet control on all/most/many of our PDUs that are running v3.x firmware.

The issue for each PDU is basically as follows:

- SNMP outlet control (from the right-click menu in DCE) doesn't work

- Outlet control via PDU web interface does work

- After a PDU mgmt interface reboot, SNMP outlet control works again

My current assumption is that this is a one-time issue (I hope) for each v3.x PDU after the 7.8.1 DCE update.

Couple resulting questions:

- Is this a known issue?  If so, any fixes or workarounds?

- Is there a way to do a bulk mgmt interface reboot on all v3.x devices?  Or all PDUs?  Or - worst case - all devices in DCE?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
lahey9984
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: SNMP outlet control issue / Bulk reboot?

Hello @marting myaarpmedicare, 

Did you have a fix on this issue? Facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldn't find this topic troubleshooting in google.

Tags (1)
marting
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

@lahey9984 not yet; leaning towards doing some sort of telnet/SSH script that connects to the devices to reboot them but haven't quite figured that out yet.  Was hoping there might be an easier option.

Curious: did your issue start after updating DCE as well?

Tags (1)
marting
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

I kept consistently seeing this issue with all v3.x devices until they were rebooted.

Used the following method to bulk-reboot all of them:

- Export device list from StruxureWare and filter down to just the v3.x devices

- Copy out those IPs and create a batch script to telnet to these using Putty

- Use PuttyCS to send the appropriate sequence of commands to all of the Putty windows to log in and reboot the management interface.  You have to be careful here to make sure all windows are following along.

Note that this is very dirty/hacky but it worked for me.

Also note that you may have to do this in batches depending on how many devices you have.  I did batches of ~40 at a time.

Tags (1)
marting
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Initially, I thought the problem with the SNMP outlet control was a one-time thing after upgrading to 7.8.1.

However, after rebooting all of our v3.x PDUs a while back (which resolved the issue at the time), the problem is back: it looks like the SNMP outlet control is not working for all v3.x PDUs (from the DCE right-click menu).

Schneider support: is this a known issue?  If so, any timeline on a fix?  If not, anything we can do to further troubleshoot so we can get a fix going?