Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Bringing a MicroNet LON controller/network into EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Satchwell MicroNet MNN-30-100
- Satchwell MicroNet MNN-44-100
- Satchwell MicroNet MNN-50-100
- Satchwell MicroNet MNN-62-100
- Satchwell MicroNet MNL-C
Satchwell MicroNet 100 series LON networks are not supported in EcoStruxure Building Operation as a MicroNet LON network
From the introduction of the MicroNet 50 series range in 2008, the MicroNet 100 series controllers with LON cards has no longer been supported and the MicroNet LON network is not supported in EcoStruxure Building Operation.
- The MicroNet 100 series LON controllers can be bound to a standard LON network, using a third party network management tool such as LonMaker® for Windows® from Echelon.
The complete MicroNet LON network could then be brought into an AS-P as a standard LON network.
- If this is not possible, the supported option to bring the MicroNet 100 series controllers into an AS-P or Enterprise server (ES) would be to remove the LON cards, from the MicroNet 100 series controllers and convert them to use an NCP network. The top two pairs of pins of the auxiliary card plug, would need the jumpers restored.
The LON network cabling may need to be changed for a RS 484 compatible type, such as Belden 8762 or equivalent.
The controller’s program would need to be re-configured for NCP using VisiSat. Then the MicroNet controller network can be imported into the AS-P, under a MicroNet NCP interface.
If the LON network contains MicroNet LON touchscreens, these cannot be converted to NCP and would need to be removed from the NCP network.
The MicroNet 100 series data sheets are available here
VisiSat 2.1 Build 196 – Software is available here
VisiSat Release 2.1.196 Service Pack 1
VisiSat Release 2.1.196 Service Pack 2