Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Elements in Sigma Graphics within EBO are not displaying correctly when its bound object commands the element to display or not to display.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Workstation
- Building Operation Webstation
The issue arises on a machine that has a Windows Language Pack e.g. Norwegian Bokmål installed where the decimal separator uses a comma (,) rather than a dot (.).
In the example, using the EBO Graphics Editor, it can be seen that the decimal separator in 0,5 is a comma in the 'condition' command, other commands are also effected e.g. Bitmap, Alarm etc;
When a Sigma graphic Data Import is undertaken the decimal separator dot (.) used by the Sigma machine is replaced by a comma (,).
On the Sigma server machine using Registry Editor. Registry Edit can be run by typing RegEdit in the Windows search box on the Task Bar.
1. Goto > Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\International\
2. Locate sDecimal.
3. sDecimal will be set to a comma (,). Change to a dot (.).
4. Re-import the Sigma graphics using the Graphics Data Import in EBO.
5. Select a graphic and edit using the EBO Graphics Editor, select an element and check that a .(dot) is used.
Finally, check operation by changing object states on the graphics and the respective element changes state too.
Note: This will be auto checked and be incorporated into the Sigma Transition Tool in the future.