Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84642members
353975posts

Reading RTU configurations clearSCADA

Remote Operations Forum

Collaborate and share knowledge on the extensive range of remote systems and devices, including SCADA radios and RTUs, on the Schneider Electric Exchange Remote Operations (formerly SCADA & Telemetry) forum. From commissioning SCADA integration devices and software, to enhancing existing installations or troubleshooting, connect with a global community of experts and users. Subscribe today.

Solved
RichardThiago
Cadet
0 Likes

Reading RTU configurations clearSCADA

Message imported from previous forum - Category:SCADAPack RTU<<
User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, originally posted: 2019-06-19 01:59:38 Id:452
is it possible to read RTU configurations from sites from RTU's in clear SCADA.

I know you can do this with SCADAPack E-Configurator tool.

But can you do this in clearSCADA so that the process can be automated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
RW_Support
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: Reading RTU configurations clearSCADA

Hello,

The feature to read a RTU configuration and logic from ClearSCADA / Geo SCADA is not possible. ClearSCADA is able to monitor and configure the SCADAPack E remote assets via download or partial download of configuration (and logic) only.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
RW_Support
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hello,

The feature to read a RTU configuration and logic from ClearSCADA / Geo SCADA is not possible. ClearSCADA is able to monitor and configure the SCADAPack E remote assets via download or partial download of configuration (and logic) only.

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

@RW_Support  I think your answer here is a little too concise.

It is absolutely possible to 'read' the E-series RTU configuration from a DNP3 connected RTU into ClearSCADA.

This is exactly what the 'Upload Configuration' option does.  What is not possible with the E-series RTUs is for this action to also reconfigure ClearSCADA.  It will only upload the .RTU file (or another file, which might be the ISaGRAF application).

You would need to manually align the two there after.  For the logic, you could just attach the ISaGRAF application back into the RTU Configuration, and it would be downloaded along with the configuration next time.

You could arguably do the same for the .RTU configuration file also, but you shouldn't use the 'Generate' option out of ClearSCADA for the Outstation then...

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
bansalrehana
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks for the help eveThank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regardsryone!  mobdro app

ralphduke724
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I read this article! I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone! thank you!  mobdro