Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84572members
353845posts

New Geo SCADA Expert Video on YouTube! Geo SCADA Expert Overview

Remote Operations Forum

Collaborate and share knowledge on the extensive range of remote systems and devices, including SCADA radios and RTUs, on the Schneider Electric Exchange Remote Operations (formerly SCADA & Telemetry) forum. From commissioning SCADA integration devices and software, to enhancing existing installations or troubleshooting, connect with a global community of experts and users. Subscribe today.

MartinChartrand
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

New Geo SCADA Expert Video on YouTube! Geo SCADA Expert Overview

Hello SCADA & Telemetry Community,

Come and join distinguished SCADA Architect Stephen Beadle as he reviews the many innovative and flexible features of EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert in the new video entitled: EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert 14 - Geo SCADA Expert Overview, now available on the Schneider Electric YouTube channel.

<Click here> to view the video.

<Click here> to view the entire Geo SCADA Expert playlist on YouTube.

Thank you.

Martin Chartrand

4 Replies 4
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: New Geo SCADA Expert Video on YouTube! Geo SCADA Expert Overview

You really had me confused by the naming of the video 😉

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert 14 ...

I thought this was a new release and was trying to work out how we went from Geo SCADA Expert 2020 to 14... and why I'd heard nothing about it.

Perhaps labelling the videos something like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert (video #14) ... might be better?

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Thanks for your comment Bevan. I'm glad you watched the video. It's aimed at potential new users, but I also want to balance it with videos about other Geo SCADA features. Please let us know what you'd like to see (we can't be too advanced as we're limited to 5 minutes each). We may add a # to future video titles, thanks for the suggestion.

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

I think the videos are good, they provide another form of information for people to digest, not everyone does well with purely written information, so the videos diversify that.

1. I think it would be good to increase the technical content however.  Perhaps doing smaller topics, but a bit of a deeper dive into the actual configuration.  i.e. a 20-30minute video on the geo spatial mapping, including showing the configuration of the geographical information on an object, a walk through of the user query that includes something like the Tooltip, and the locations, and configuration of a Map Source etc to have it displayed.

2. Doing something similar for calculation points, where expressions are covered (including historical algorithms / expressions).

3. Something around SQL queries, including the -> dereference operator, and the geospatial conditionals (WITHIN etc)

4... I'm unsure if things like the DNP3 driver would be possible to put into a digestible YouTube chunk.. it's a pretty massive topic on its own, but some of the simpler drivers (like Performance Monitor, SNMP, ICMP, etc etc) could become their own shorter 10minute or so videos.  Lots of smaller technical videos will tend to get more visibility than sales type videos (in my opinion)

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
MartinChartrand
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Thank you @BevanWeiss.

These are all great ideas and will be seriously considered for the next round of videos.

We appreciate your input.

Regards

Martin