Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353854posts

Digital inputs scan faster on the SCADAPack 575 I/O board than on the Controller?

Remote Operations Forum

Collaborate and share knowledge on the extensive range of remote systems and devices, including SCADA radios and RTUs, on the Schneider Electric Exchange Remote Operations (formerly SCADA & Telemetry) forum. From commissioning SCADA integration devices and software, to enhancing existing installations or troubleshooting, connect with a global community of experts and users. Subscribe today.

Solved
Jimi
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Digital inputs scan faster on the SCADAPack 575 I/O board than on the Controller?

Customer support question:

I found this in the SCADAPack 5xx manual:
Controller board => Timestamping => 10ms Sequence of Event (SOE)
I/O board => 1ms Sequence of Event (SOE)
Why is this? It seems like a mistake in the manual? Is it correct that the SOE on the IO board is faster than on the CPU? Seems illogical.

5xx manual.png

Global Training Manager
SCADA & Telemetry

Accepted Solutions
Jimi
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Digital inputs scan faster on the SCADAPack 575 I/O board than on the Controller?

Hello,

The manual is correct since the IO board is dedicated to handle timestamping at 1ms resolution.
The 575 controller board is operating on 1 core only which requires all executing tasks to be shared.

Global Training Manager
SCADA & Telemetry

See Answer In Context

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Digital inputs scan faster on the SCADAPack 575 I/O board than on the Controller?

As @Jimi said, the IO on the 'CPU' board is not really targeted for use beyond as auxiliary IO.  These two inputs (and one output) are available on both the 570 and the 575.  If you require high speed detection then the dedicated IO boards (575 base IO, or 6601 IO) would be the recommended way forward.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Jimi
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hello,

The manual is correct since the IO board is dedicated to handle timestamping at 1ms resolution.
The 575 controller board is operating on 1 core only which requires all executing tasks to be shared.

Global Training Manager
SCADA & Telemetry
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

As @Jimi said, the IO on the 'CPU' board is not really targeted for use beyond as auxiliary IO.  These two inputs (and one output) are available on both the 570 and the 575.  If you require high speed detection then the dedicated IO boards (575 base IO, or 6601 IO) would be the recommended way forward.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..