Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84631members
353957posts

How to factory reset Harmony HMIST6500?

Industry Automation and Control Forum

This forum is addressing industrial automation design & engineering, operations, asset performance, cyber security and digital transformation for Plants & Machines.

jhonut
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

How to factory reset Harmony HMIST6500?

Hello,

I'm using a Harmony HMIST6500 panel and I can't download my software into panel because an user name and password is requested when I try to do it. I tried to factory reset HMIST6500 but didn't find a way to accomplish this. What should I do to be able to download my software?

Many thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5
S_Stolyarov
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: How to factory reset Harmony HMIST6500?

Hey, Guys, 

Does anybody know the answer? 

I remember that for HMIGXO(GXU) it is the option to enter system properties - successively touch on the upper left, then the lower right corners, or lower left than upper right (try different combinations of opposite corners). Maybe there are some opportunities to restore the factory state of HMI.

Tags (1)
jhonut
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

By doing this, the problem doesn't get solved, but you just open hw configuration.. 

Tags (1)
S_Stolyarov
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Have you tried to update panels firmware, did it request logged in too?

Tags (1)
nbarbeau
Cadet
0 Likes

Anyone have answer for this yet? I've got an HMI locked up with a bad project and i can't get to hardware configuration to download the project again.

Tags (1)
ClaudioBarbon
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi!

to recover the ST6 line, you should try to enter "Broken mode" and download a new application by USB stick or by Ethernet (I recommend trying by USB)
The following video details how to perform the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1CwAZUZB70

https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA412877/

If you cannot enter Broken Mode or download a new project, I recommend that you send this same query to the SE technical support of your country, so that they can check if there is any other internal process that can be carried out. Or if the screen is still under warranty, ask for a replacement.

I hope the answer helps you.
Best regards