Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84464members
353671posts

ATV network fault reset

Industry Automation and Control Forum

This forum is addressing industrial automation design & engineering, operations, asset performance, cyber security and digital transformation for Plants & Machines.

clintFromVa
Cadet
0 Likes

ATV network fault reset

I've got an ATV 71 drive with an Ethernet card.  We are using the 2-wire I/O profile.  There is a Fast-stop contact wired to LI5 which causes EPF1, as intended.  Resetting the fault requires first configuring register 7124, rSF, with value 162.  We did this by the keypad.

Actually resetting the fault requires writing to register 8601, CMd, "0", followed by "12".  Here is the problem; writing to ONLY 8601 causes Modbus exception 4.  Writing to 8600 & 8601 works.

FWIW, writing speed reference to 8602 alone works.

What is register 8600?  Is there some other way to deal with this?

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
clintFromVa
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: ATV network fault reset

Update:
Rumor has it that writing both #8601 and #8602 simultaneously will work.  It didn't for me.  I still have to write #8600 to avoid the Modbus error #4.

Tags (1)
jeromerives
Cadet
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: ATV network fault reset

if you use an ethernet card you have to assign C302(Bit 2 Com module ctrl word)(value 210) to RST.

Also the CMD word adress is 8501 and not 8601.

Then to reset you have to set the bit2 to TRUE

Tags (1)