Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84645members
353980posts

Gateway path unavailable in GEOSCADA!!

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

BGedco2022
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Gateway path unavailable in GEOSCADA!!

Hello,

there is an alarm that sometimes fetched as shown in the below figure

slave.PNG

what does it mean? Could we detect the cause to prevent it?

Appreciate any help

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2
AndrewScott
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Gateway path unavailable in GEOSCADA!!

You've not provided any context but I'm going to guess that this is Geo SCADA communicating with a Modbus device.

The Modbus device has returned exception code 10 - "Gateway path unavailable" for some request from Geo SCADA.

The Modbus standard V1.1b describes this exception as "Specialized use in conjunction with gateways, indicates that the gateway was unable to allocate an internal communication path from the input port to the output port for processing the request. Usually means that the gateway is misconfigured or overloaded".

You need to talk to the vendor of the device or gateway to find out what this means for their products. They will likely want to see a comms log to see what request was being sent to the device.

Andrew Scott, Lead Engineer, AVEVA
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Gateway path unavailable in GEOSCADA!!

Based on what Andrew has said, you're probably talking to a Modbus Gateway and you've misconfigured the Unit ID / Modbus Address to be a Unit ID that the gateway doesn't know about.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..