Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84429members
353627posts

Corresponding ClearSCADA Release Version for SCADAPack E-Series Firmware

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
rlao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Corresponding ClearSCADA Release Version for SCADAPack E-Series Firmware

So when you read the firmware stats for a SCADAPack E-Series RTU, you get a numerical firmware revision (integer system point 50001) and a firmware description (string system point 50736). Past some firmware release, it looks like to me that TRSS started bundling the RTU firmware releases with the ClearSCADA releases but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I can see that on some of our older SCADAPacks on firmware 8.05 where the firmware description simply says 'SCADAPack E Firmware 8.05.x'. If I then go to one of our newer SCADAPacks on firmware 8.12, the firmware description says 'SCADAPack E Firmware 2014 R1.0', which seems to indicate a connection to a particular ClearSCADA release? Similarly, a SCADAPack on 8.15 says 'SCADAPack E Firmware 2017 R2.2'.

Just for my curiosity, my questions are:

• If an E-Series firmware does indeed correspond to a particular ClearSCADA release, is there a reference document somewhere that details this?
  • Why does the firmware have a subversion for its Revision number (e.g. R2.2) if ClearSCADA versions don't abide by this. There is no ClearSCADA 2017 R2.2 for example.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
JChamberlain
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Corresponding ClearSCADA Release Version for SCADAPack E-Series Firmware

As far as I know there isn't a document, but we have been pushing to improve this area of the integration and there is a request in to produce documentation along these lines.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

There was a bit of a match up between the two at one time.

I think the development of GeoSCADA Expert is going to accelerate beyond what the development of the SCADAPack (both x7y and E-series) will.  As far as I'm aware, this linked versioning won't be happening moving forward.

But either way, it doesn't make much difference.

The only places I've seen any mention of which versions matched was in the release notes.  Early ClearSCADA that first introduced the E-series configuration mentioned a certain firmware version (I think it was 8.12 or something..).

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
JChamberlain
0 Likes

As far as I know there isn't a document, but we have been pushing to improve this area of the integration and there is a request in to produce documentation along these lines.