Unable to upload the same Lua script to multiple Room Controllers at the same time
EcoStruxure Building Operation, EcoStruxure Building Expert
- Building Operation Automation Server Premium
- SSL SE8000 (all)
The alternative method of uploading the script to each of the room controllers using a USB cable
To upload a script to multiple Room Controllers, follow the below steps: (This procedure assumes the BACnet MSTP network is already setup)
1 - Log in to Building Operation Workstation
2 - Right-click on MSTP network and click "Search"
3 - Search for "Lua program 1" or any other Lua program object
4 - Highlight all the Room Controllers that the script will be transferred to then click on the "show/hide property grid" button.
5 - Expand the "Basic" tab and copy the Lua script in the "Description" field then click Save.
6 - The script will be uploaded to each of the Room Controllers one at a time and will be played automatically.
Recommendations & Limitations:
- Each Lua Program can take up to 460 bytes of text (per script). (Total of 10 Lua programs)
- Script must be placed on a single line. Use semicolons ( ; ) as carriage return
- Use multiple Lua programs if the 460 bytes limit is exceeded
- Encapsulate logic inside the following if statement if the logic is intended to run once:
For general information about Lua programming for SE8000 Room Controllers, refer to the following guide: