Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84863members
354353posts

Software for monitoring multiple APC UPS systems

Ask the Community

New users can ask questions related to our Communities, get tips and tricks on posting and commenting in forums, and solving challenges.

Solved
sesa116209_brid
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Software for monitoring multiple APC UPS systems

I would like to find out if there is an app that our customer can use to monitor the status of multiple APC UPSs over the network at the same time.  All UPSs are by APC and are equipped with the network management cards.  Customer can access the UPS status via NMC but only one at a time.  APC PowerChute Network Shutdown (PCNS) is currently installed on all the servers and workstations.  APC told me there is no app that APC has that would allow us monitor all UPSs from one interface.  This can't be the first time a customer asks for such an application.  This customer has multiple sites with about 5 APC UPSs per standalone site.

Accepted Solutions
sesa116209_brid
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Re: Software for monitoring multiple APC UPS systems

Here is a link for a related forum discussion in APC forums for anyone interested.

https://forums.apc.com/spaces/7/ups-management-devices-powerchute-software/forums/general/11388/mana...

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
6 Replies 6
Omaelk
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Hello @sesa116209_brid , thanks for your question

@Benji , @Matt_Curry  any inputs on that? 

Menno
Cadet
0 Likes

@Omaelk @sesa116209_brid or others

Any word on how to monitor the status of multiple APC UPSs? 

We face the same challenge, having around 50 different locations throughout the country with each one server and one APC UPS. At the moment the servers are running APC PowerChute Business Edition v7.00. Ofcourse we need to upgrade the version but we also want manage/monitor the UPSs from one interface. 

Looking forward to an answer/advice.

Tags (1)
sesa116209_brid
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

@Menno , fyi I did not receive any solutions as a result of this post, the customer is still logging into 1 UPS at a time.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
CraigEl
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

TRe: Software for monitoring multiple APC UPS systems

Today at least, there is no APC community here. You may want to visit https://forums.apc.com/ and post your question there.

Tags (1)
sesa116209_brid
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: TRe: Software for monitoring multiple APC UPS systems

Thank you, I wish someone told me that a little shy of a year ago.

Tags (1)
sesa116209_brid
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Here is a link for a related forum discussion in APC forums for anyone interested.

https://forums.apc.com/spaces/7/ups-management-devices-powerchute-software/forums/general/11388/mana...

Tags (1)