There may be a situation where the use of an older MPX firmware build is needed in order to match a supported EcoStruxure Version. Under certain circumstances, this will require a downgrade of a previously updated MPX controller firmware.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Automation Server SW v2.0.3 or later.
- Building Operation Multi-purpose VAV FW v2.00.0x
- Building Operation Multi-purpose Controller FW v2.00.0x
The MPX 2.00.0X firmware release notes state that this is not a supported combination.
- MPX controllers have been placed into “Service Stock".
- The site is at EBO 2.0.3 but the MPX controllers in my “Service Stock” pile have been loaded with an MPX firmware 2.00.0X variant.
Procedure to downgrade:
- Factory Reset the MPX controller - Press and hold the reset button for 20 to 29 seconds. After you release the reset button, a factory reset may take up to 30 seconds to process. All diagnostic logs and the database are erased during a factory reset. By contrast, controller firmware does not revert and remains at the same active level.
- Select the desired MPX firmware revision and update the firmware.
- Download ALL Objects.
- Select the desired MPX firmware revision and update the firmware a SECOND time. NOTE: Downloading firmware packages twice, whether the same or dissimilar package versions, with no activation in-between, may cause the controller to block additional updates.
- Download ALL Objects a SECOND time.