Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84424members
353613posts

HOW TO OPEN EXE IN CITECT SCADA 2018 R2?

AVEVA Plant SCADA Forum

A support forum for AVEVA Plant SCADA (formerly Citect SCADA). Share new and exciting product information, connect, learn, and collaborate with the ecosystem of Plant SCADA Users. AVEVA Plant SCADA a reliable, flexible and high-performance Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition software solution for industrial process customers. This forum is to connect, share, learn and collaborate new and exciting product information. Feel free to join and share to your Ecosystem of Plant SCADA Users.

Solved
kishore1march
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

HOW TO OPEN EXE IN CITECT SCADA 2018 R2?

Hi,

I need to open exe file in Citect Scada 2018 r2. For this i have used function as Exec("filename.exe"). But its not working.

Even the allow exec is kept true for all roles under this project. In addition to that, I made Security -> BlockExe=0 in ini parameter. 

Kindly suggest any idea.

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
kingslim
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: HOW TO OPEN EXE IN CITECT SCADA 2018 R2?

Well, you need to login into Citect as a user under a group that has Allow Exec set to TRUE first. 

AllowExecTrue.jpg

And ...  I found out something in help file stating that Exec only works on 32 bit system (as below). I was at first thinking maybe it could be the cause. But, it does not seem to be true, or maybe it was just referring to the LNK and PIF files. I am on a 64 buts machine, it runs just fine. 

exec32bitsonly.jpg

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
kingslim
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Well, you need to login into Citect as a user under a group that has Allow Exec set to TRUE first. 

AllowExecTrue.jpg

And ...  I found out something in help file stating that Exec only works on 32 bit system (as below). I was at first thinking maybe it could be the cause. But, it does not seem to be true, or maybe it was just referring to the LNK and PIF files. I am on a 64 buts machine, it runs just fine. 

exec32bitsonly.jpg

Tags (1)
kishore1march
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Hi kingslim,

It worked well after login.

Many Thanks.

Tags (1)