Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84570members
353843posts

Connecting M241 with Machine SCADA Expert?

AVEVA Plant SCADA Forum

A support forum for AVEVA Plant SCADA (formerly Citect SCADA). Share new and exciting product information, connect, learn, and collaborate with the ecosystem of Plant SCADA Users. AVEVA Plant SCADA a reliable, flexible and high-performance Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition software solution for industrial process customers. This forum is to connect, share, learn and collaborate new and exciting product information. Feel free to join and share to your Ecosystem of Plant SCADA Users.

jthyge
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Connecting M241 with Machine SCADA Expert?

Hello

I am having trouble finding the best way to connect a Medicon controller to Machine SCADA Expert. 

Since both are Schneider products, it should be right forward.  It was when connecting with a Siemens S7-1200. 

Am I missing a driver, or is the best connection with OPC UA?

Best regards

Jesper

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
SteveAndjic
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: Connecting M241 with Machine SCADA Expert?

Hi 

It depends on what version of EME you are using. Anything above V1.2x will require secure connection to the M241 which I believe EMSE cant do yet (not 100% certain) so you wont be able to read the tag data from the M241.

EME V1.1x or SoMachine V4.X you shouldn't have any issues

Using OPC UA is an option but the EMSE must be the client.

If security is not an issue you can use MQTT without TLS. you must use port 1883

Regards

Steve

Tags (1)