Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84502members
353717posts

NMS / UPS Event reporting 'issue'

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

philbert2k
Cadet
0 Likes

NMS / UPS Event reporting 'issue'

I have been a long time APC fan but i'm having an issue that i'm hoping someone has found a way to fix or get around.

Whenever there is a power event I just get "UPS: On battery power in response to distorted input." logged.  This doesn't tell me what happened, was it a spike, sag, or what happened?  

I remember PowerChute used to give this information, i'm hoping someone can tell me how I can get it back.

Thanks!

Currently using: Smart-UPS 1000 x 2, AP9630 x 1

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: NMS / UPS Event reporting 'issue'

I'm not 100% certain, but I think you'd have to log on to the NMC2 and review the specific Event logs to determine exactly what the situation was.

The email simply provides the alert, followed by the corresponding "UPS: No longer on battery power." message.

Tags (1)