Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84599members
353869posts

Back-UPS XS 1300 behaving strangely after f02 short circuit on battery output

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
R_W
Cadet
0 Likes

Back-UPS XS 1300 behaving strangely after f02 short circuit on battery output

I accidentally caused a short on one of my UPS power outlets while trying to test the voltage with a multimeter. There was a loud noise & error f02, overload on battery output. For some reason, when I turn the system on now, “On line” flashes for about 5 seconds, then the battery symbol flashes for about 5 seconds. It didn’t do that before this happened - before it would simply turn on. Even if I don’t try to have it repaired, I want to know what may have happened to it internally when the short was created, and why this new behavior originated. Is it dangerous to keep using? TIA

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS XS 1300 behaving strangely after f02 short circuit on battery output

Hi @R_W ,

When you first turn the UPS on the online icon, flash for a few seconds, then go solid, and the on-battery icon will flash for a few seconds while the UPS runs a self-test. When the self-test completes, the on-battery icon will go out, and the online icon should remain solid.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS XS 1300 behaving strangely after f02 short circuit on battery output

Hi @R_W ,

When you first turn the UPS on the online icon, flash for a few seconds, then go solid, and the on-battery icon will flash for a few seconds while the UPS runs a self-test. When the self-test completes, the on-battery icon will go out, and the online icon should remain solid.

Tags (1)