Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84494members
353716posts

new OID

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
6sense_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

new OID

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/30/2017

Hello, sorry for my english.

Can i find somewhere info for new OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.4 tree ? Everywhere is caled as experimental.

1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.4.2.2.1 and last .6, .8, .10 , .11, .12, 13

This tree looks like a HW inventory UPS and card AP9631 in. With serial number hw type and version...

and

1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.4.2.4.1 looks like SW version for sn ...

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: new OID

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/31/2017

Hi again Tomáš,

Try this OID: .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 (.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr) the output looks like this from my AP9631:

APC Web/SNMP Management Card (MB:v4.1.0 PF:v6.4.6 PN:apc_hw05_aos_646.bin AF1:v6.4.6 AN1:apc_hw05_sumx_646.bin MN:AP9631 HR:05 SN: ZA15XXXXXX MD:05/14/2015) (Embedded PowerNet SNMP Agent SW v2.2 compatible)

I've highlighted some key bits of information including AOS version, application version, model number, and serial number. Can you use this? It is what we would typically recommend for a good summary of the NMC hardware's details.

*Edit* I forgot to add, if you are also in need of the UPS firmware/hardware versions (or whatever device type the NMC is installed in), that information lives inside the different device/product subtree. So for example, if it is a UPS, you'll find it contained within some OIDs under iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).private(4).enterprises(1).apc(318).products(1).hardware(1).ups(1)

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/30/2017

Hi Tomáš

1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.4 is not intended for customers. It is an 'experimental' tree and OIDs for APC use only. You may see some responses here but they are for internal applications, like StruxureWare Data Center Expert.

The values you see returned there are available for the most part in other areas of the SNMP MIB intended for our users. Which values/information are you looking for? We could help provide you the correct OIDs that you, as a user, should be looking for.

6sense_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/31/2017

Hello.
Thanks for answer.
In my free time make one my application, where training my brain with programing :).

I now search some inventory OID tree with HW and SW version all components,
becouse 1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1 (ENTITY-MIB) from AP9631 not works.

But when i look on all 1.3.6.1 tree output of this card, than not view some another OID with HW info tree.
For exaple serial number management card is only in experimental OID or in main 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0.
Or is some hidden tree with inventory component's?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/31/2017

Hi again Tomáš,

Try this OID: .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 (.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr) the output looks like this from my AP9631:

APC Web/SNMP Management Card (MB:v4.1.0 PF:v6.4.6 PN:apc_hw05_aos_646.bin AF1:v6.4.6 AN1:apc_hw05_sumx_646.bin MN:AP9631 HR:05 SN: ZA15XXXXXX MD:05/14/2015) (Embedded PowerNet SNMP Agent SW v2.2 compatible)

I've highlighted some key bits of information including AOS version, application version, model number, and serial number. Can you use this? It is what we would typically recommend for a good summary of the NMC hardware's details.

*Edit* I forgot to add, if you are also in need of the UPS firmware/hardware versions (or whatever device type the NMC is installed in), that information lives inside the different device/product subtree. So for example, if it is a UPS, you'll find it contained within some OIDs under iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).private(4).enterprises(1).apc(318).products(1).hardware(1).ups(1)