Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84829members
354283posts

management card software

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
juanrico_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

management card software

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/24/2008

Hello.

I've got three APC Smart UPS's (1500, 2200, and 3000) protecting three Dell Poweredge 2950's. I understand that I will need a network management card in each UPS for optimum control. My latest UPS came with a network management card in it, although I'm not sure which one. I think that I would buy two identical cards, unless someone tells me that I should vary the cards. Anyway, I would like to control UPS from a workstation inside my firewall and also remotely over my VPN so that I can initiate graceful shutdowns on all hardware when necessary. What software do I need to accomplish this?

Accepted Solutions
EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: management card software

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/26/2008

When you install the software, it'll ask you to enter then IP's of the management cards.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
juanrico_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/25/2008

Does the software seek out the network mamanement cards, or do I have to enter the IP numbers manually? Thanks, Erasmus, for the previous answer.

Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/24/2008

You will need the aforementioned network management cards for your UPS units (AP9617 is the base unit and is fully capable of network shutdown), as well as the PowerChute Network Shutdown (most recent version is v2.2.3) software installed on each of the servers in order to shut them down.

UPS' that come with NMC's are usually the Smart-UPS RT line, modular line, or higher-level UPS systems.

Message was edited by: Erasmus

EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/26/2008

When you install the software, it'll ask you to enter then IP's of the management cards.