Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84475members
353691posts

Wireless management of APC UPS / PDU / ENV appliances ?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Wireless management of APC UPS / PDU / ENV appliances ?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/3/2013

Here's a question that has been on my mind for some time now, for the folks who work for Schneider:

Is APC actively working on or considering wireless network management cards/adapters for UPS' or PDU's or next gen Env appliances (Netbotz) ?

...Either built in, or smartslot card ?

Does APC have plans to market wireless environmental sensors - be it Temperature probes, leak sensors, contact closure detection - for use in Data Centers ?

...these would be monitorable via DC Expert or Operations modules, or could be standalone sending emails, or could work with the netbotz product line.

Competitors such as Synapsense have already made some of this sensing happen, using wireless mesh technology.

I look forward to hearing about any developments in this area.

Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Wireless management of APC UPS / PDU / ENV appliances ?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/3/2013

In our next release for AP8XXX rack PDUs, we will begin supporting RF code's wireless technology. I do think that wireless sensors are in the works for NetBotz too but I have not heard the details as to when.

Either way, I think it is on the roadmap some place for majority of our network manageable products.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Wireless management of APC UPS / PDU / ENV appliances ?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/3/2013

In our next release for AP8XXX rack PDUs, we will begin supporting RF code's wireless technology. I do think that wireless sensors are in the works for NetBotz too but I have not heard the details as to when.

Either way, I think it is on the roadmap some place for majority of our network manageable products.