Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84262members
353366posts

Using Linux host software to issue ssh commands

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
gsochurek1_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Using Linux host software to issue ssh commands

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/11/2015

with the format of the nmc host keys being different from Linux, is there a way to set the nmc up so a custom piece of Linux based software can shutdown or issue any command to an nmc?

thanks

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
Terry_Kennedy_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Using Linux host software to issue ssh commands

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/12/2015

I don't know about Linux, but from FreeBSD I can just do "ssh -l apc upsname.example.com" and get to the console prompt on an AP9631 card (with 6.2.1 firmware). I didn't try it with the older NMC hardware - if you let me know the device model and firmware version, I'll try it and report back.

Having said that... Rather than trying to build something with ssh and expect, you could use SNMP (you may need to install the package on Linux). That gives you an industry-standard way to control the UPS. You also have more detailed access controls available that way.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Terry_Kennedy_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Using Linux host software to issue ssh commands

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/12/2015

I don't know about Linux, but from FreeBSD I can just do "ssh -l apc upsname.example.com" and get to the console prompt on an AP9631 card (with 6.2.1 firmware). I didn't try it with the older NMC hardware - if you let me know the device model and firmware version, I'll try it and report back.

Having said that... Rather than trying to build something with ssh and expect, you could use SNMP (you may need to install the package on Linux). That gives you an industry-standard way to control the UPS. You also have more detailed access controls available that way.