Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84269members
353372posts

UPS keeps clicking - affecting USB keyboard

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

robsamui_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

UPS keeps clicking - affecting USB keyboard

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/7/2016

I have a 700 series APC power supply, with PowerChute software.

I'm in Thailand where no buildings or appliances have a ground wire (this might be a factor?).

The 220 supply here fluctuates wildly. It's a tourist area and when they get in from the beach and run their aircon and hot water between 4 pm and midnight, the 220v can drop to a steady band that's between 160v - 190v.

But this isn't the big problem. The UPS keeps clicking constantly - but doesn't kick-in with battery backup as these fluctuations are rapid and short-lived.

HOWEVER, I depend on a illuminated USB programmable keyboard. Every minute or so there's a TICK from the UPS, my keyboard stops responding and the lights on the keys go out. After a CLUNK - 20-30 seconds later, the keyboard is working again.

It's really infuriating. I depend on this keyboard as all my browser short-cuts are on it plus my most-used programs.

Any suggestions or ideas?